Please note that, as of January 1, 2018, Roller Sports Canada has switched insurance companies, from Pearson Dunn to St. Andrews. The process for filing claims has not changed, only the company that we are dealing with. For any questions or concerns, please reach out to Adam Leavens, Director, Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veuillez noter qu’à compter du 1er janvier 2018, Roller Sports Canada a changé de compagnie d’assurance, de Pearson Dunn à St. Andrews. Le processus de dépôt des réclamations n’a pas changé, seulement l’entreprise avec laquelle nous traitons. Pour toute question ou préoccupation, veuillez communiquer avec Adam Leavens, directeur, Gestion des risques, à email@example.com.
Updated January 13, 2018 – For renewals or new memberships – PLEASE READ!
It’s that time of the year again when renewals for individual members can be submitted. Starting from September 15th, 2017 you can submit new membership registrations or renewals for the 2018 skating season. Remember that registrations are on a seasonal cycle. That means if you register mid-year (before September 15 of the current year) your memberships will only be good until December 31 of that same year.
As before, we urge you to READ THE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS before registering or renewing your membership. Here are some important points to consider:
- You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide; if we can not prove to our insurance company that you are, who you say you are, they may deny your claim. FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK WHAT YOU ENTER BEFORE YOU SUBMIT!
- Be sure to also check the info that was automatically entered by the form
- Names must ONLY be FIRST and LAST; we do not have a place on our form for middle names
- Birth dates MUST be accurate
- WE DO NOT SEND OUT CONFIRMATIONS OF REGISTRATION
- This form is designed to be self-serve. RSC simply does not have the manpower to address and send out individual membership numbers.
- For security reasons, please use the secure online form found here to look up your RSC numbers.
- You have seven days to complete your payment; we may not send out reminders. If no payment is received after about thirty days; we will remove your entry from our database (except for renewals, which will be removed thirty days after expiry.)
- POST DATED CHEQUES WILL DELAY YOUR MEMBERSHIP! We operate on an honour system. If you send us a post dated cheque and we deposit it (because we’re expecting a payment, why would we check the date, we shouldn’t have to) and it is returned, you will be charged the NSF fee ($45) on top of the membership. If by sheer luck, we notice that the cheque is post dated you will not be credited for the membership until we are able to deposit the cheque. In other words, you will NOT have insurance until the date you put on the cheque.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND PAYMENTS INDIRECTLY – at worst they will be lost, at best we will refund it and you will have to do it all over again. All payments must be directly associated with the online system. Credit cards processed through PayPal from our website is the only way we can track your payment. Cheques are OK, but please note the full name you used to register with. Sending us a cheque with a different name on it or a parent name will cause delays in processing. The better you identify, the quicker it will be processed.
- We can NOT process urgent requests – RSC is entirely volunteer run; that means we work for free, no one is paid. This is the only way we can keep rates low; rates that have not risen in many years. If you need something, please ensure you allow for at least seven (7) to fourteen (14) days notice. We will try our best to accommodate an urgent request, but can not guarantee it.
Please keep in mind that RSC is here for your benefit! We exist to provide an important service to skaters, coaches, parents and volunteers. We are just like you; we are also skaters, coaches, parents and volunteers. Please make every effort to follow the instructions on the website to ensure as little impact as possible to our volunteers. We will gladly assist when needed, but please try following the instructions and reading the documentation first.
Lastly, please take note of our new membership mailing address. When you register and choose to pay by cheque, the form will send you an email with that address. You can also find it here.
ATTENTION NEW SKATERS: Registration to RSC is now open for the 2018 skating season. Registration for new skaters will be in effect until December 31, 2018.
ATENTION AUX NOUVEAUX PATINEURS: L’inscription a RSC est maintenant ouverte pour la saison de 2018. L’adhésion pour les nouveaux patineurs sera en vigueur jusqu’au 31 décembre 2018.
=====TEXTE FRANÇAIS CI-BAS=====
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) is pleased to publish their latest education tool entitled Parents’ Guide to Support Clean Sport. Specifically designed for parents of athletes, this education resource is intended to inform them about essential topics so that they can assist with clean athlete development by preventing the use of substances and methods prohibited in sport.
Read more: WADA publishes new education tool: Parents’ Guide to Support Clean Sport
L’Agence mondiale antidopage (AMA) a le plaisir de publier son outil éducatif le plus récent intitulé Guide du sport propre à l’usage des parents. Destinée aux parents des sportifs, cette publication vise à les informer sur des sujets essentiels, afin qu’ils puissent contribuer au développement de sportifs propres en prévenant l’usage des substances et des méthodes interdites dans le sport.
Continuez la lecture: L’AMA publie un nouvel outil éducatif : le Guide du sport propre à l’usage des parents
The World Roller Games to be held in Nanjing, China are going to start soon – August 27th. The document below is an excellent guide to this major event in the roller skating world. Everything is here and it looks like they might be live streaming the events which will be great – just follow the links. Canada will be sending two skaters from Calgary which will be competing in figures.
WRG 2017: The Event You Don’t Wanna Miss
The Roller Games FIRS World Championships is a multi-sport event organized by FIRS – Fédération Internationale Roller Sports – every two years and including all the disciplines under its Aegis.
Event Guide&Brand Book
During 15 days of competition, more than 4.000 athletes from 50 Countries will compete in 110 events: 10 FIRS sports will be involved and 7 venues will be dedicated to the WRG.
During the 2014 YOG, Roller Speed Skating and Skateboarding have been showcased in the SportsLab, and the popularity of the FIRS sports with the youth was so impressive that the Nanjing Bureau of Sport, together with the Mayor, decided to invest on a 5-year partnership with FIRS. Nanjing has been awarded the title of World Capital of Roller Sports and the Institutions are investing a lot on the success of the first edition of the World Roller Games 2017.
ABOUT FIRS Sports
All FIRS sports will be involved: Artistic, Inline Alpine, Inline Downhill, Inline Freestyle, Inline Hockey, Rink Hockey, Roller Derby, Roller Freestyle, Skateboarding, Roller Speed Skating.
They have a unique positioning due to their unique characteristics: easy to learn, able to engage all type of fans, especially the younger ones, FIRS sports can represent a way of life strongly connected with music and fashion.