The World Roller Figure Skating Championships will be streamed online.
Two skaters are representing Canada in the Junior World Class Division. Kailah Macri will be skating Figures and Freestyle and Rielle Kaschl will be skating Solo Dance.
Live Streaming starts at 4pm Portugal time ( 11am EST) on Wednesday November 24th.
The ‘Coupe VRL’ will be taking place on December 18th at the Récréathèque de Laval near Montreal.
Skaters are invited to attend this event. Please submit your entries by December 10th.
Here are basic details you’ll need;
- WHEN: December 18th 2010
- TIME: 8am to 12pm
- WHERE: Récréathèque de Laval, 900 Boul. Curé-Labelle, Laval, Quebec
- ENTRY FEE: $20 for adults, $10 for children, race day registration add $5
- VENUE INFORMATION: indoor roller rink with coated wood floor, 100-meter track
- CATEGORIES & DISTANCES: Tiny & primary (4, 5, 6, 7 years old), Juvenile & elementary (8, 9, 10, and 11 years old), Freshman & sophomore (12, 13, 14, and 15 years old), Junior and elite (16 to 34 years old), Masters (35 years old and over), developmetn, youth, adults, 16 years and over recreational
- WHERE TO SUBMIT ENTRIES, LODGING INFORMATION: Stéphane Charron: email@example.com
THe Renault International Roller Cup will take place in Modena, Italy on December 8th 2010
This is one of the best competitions in the world of roller skating. The most beautiful because of the chance to see in just two hours the best 12 skaters in the world this year. The most beautiful because all the skaters are participating in 4 teams, composed of a single female, one male and one pair, thus transforming the discipline in a team sport. The most beautiful because all the skaters skate on live music played by an orchestra of 20 elements and have a brand new choreography. The most beautiful show is taken up in native HD and visible in many televisions in the world, thus consecrating the roller-skating as the other disciplines. The most beautiful because people come from all over the world and the site is about and has 10 languages worldwide. The most beautiful because you will finally see the figure skating wheels as you have always dreamed of.
Coming from a land of ice and snow, competitive roller figure skating isn’t exactly every Canadian girl’s dream. And while the tricky moves are just the same as on ice, the opportunities are not — there are only a few indoor roller skating rinks in all of Canada.
But that hasn’t deterred Murielle Kaschl and Kailah Macri, two hard-working 19-year-olds who have qualified to represent Canada in the junior division at the Roller Figure Skating World Championships in Portimão, Portugal Nov. 24 to Dec. 4.
Read more here: Figuring it out on the roller rink
VRL Le Club, based out of Laval, Quebec, is sporting a new uniform.