L’école de Patin à roues alignées enfants à pour objectif de proposer une activité sportive et ludique aux enfants. Elle permet aussi d’enseigner les techniques afin d’amener ceux qui le souhaitent vers une discipline (Course, Artistique, Roller in line Hockey, Acrobatique). Chaque séance sont composées d’un échauffement, d’un apprentissage technique et de jeux axés sur la pratique du roller skating.
Morgane Echardour win, Nadine Currie-Jackson & Candy Wong finish in top-5 at New York 100k, Olivier Jean faces Eddie Matzger and a strong field & places 2nd
The best part? The luxury of soaking in everybody’s whoops and hollers through the human chute that welcomed me across the line. I will rewind and play that memory in my mind for years to come, drawing energy and inspiration each time.
Canadian girls were top of their class at the recent New York 100k held in Prospect Park, Brooklyn. Mississauga’s Morgane Echardour won the women’s 100k in a sprint finish with USA’s Karin Gabriel. Frederickton’s Nadine Currie-Jackson placed 3rd.
Echardour felt she could have wrapped up the race prior to the sprint. After winning the ‘Queen of the Mountain‘ and having tested Karin Gabriel in the mid-race uphill sprints, she felt confident that she could out-skate Gabriel at the end of the race.
Morgane Echardour leads Nadine Currie-Jackson, Jessica Wright, and Karin Gabriel in the closing laps of the 100k- photo from Robo Skatesaround
This was Echardour’s first win in the 100k. With her win, she joins Martine Charbonneau on the list of Canadian winners of the illustrious race.
Ottawa’s Kim Brennan finished at the top of her division in the 42km, closely followed by Montreal’s Claudio Thibodeau.
On the men’s side, it was the legendary Eddie Matzger who faced down a top international field of skaters including World Champions & World Cup winners Luca Presti, Jorge Botero, and Francesco Zangarini. Canadians Olivier Jean and Peter Doucet stayed in the mix and were very competitive. Matzger won the race, followed by Olivier Jean. Peter Doucet took the title of ‘King of the Mountain‘.
Ottawa’s Stephane Tremblay (4th with white skates and blue helmet) follows Luca Presti, Francesco Zangarini, and Jorge Botero- photo from Dawn Stoppelmoor
- 2010 results
- NYC Brooklyn marathon
- Live updates, photos and videos- New York 100K and Skate Marathon
- Pictures from Peter Doucet [New York 100k- Post-Race, 100k & NROC Podium, MISC Pictures] [New York 100k- Race Pictures] [New York 100k: Morgane Echardour & Eddy Matzger Win 100k]
- Eddie Matzger: How I Won the New York 100K
- Tony Muse’s report: New York Skate of Mind
- New York 100K and Skate Marathon Race Reports
- Brian Holtan’s Photos – NYC 100K 2010
- The 19th NYC Skate Marathon & New York 100K_09.25.10
- 2010 NYC Skate Marathon & NY 100k – video screen shots
- Joergen Geerds’s Photos – NYC Inline Skate Marathon 2010
- New York Skate Marathon After Party 2010