Updated January 13, 2018 – For renewals or new memberships – PLEASE READ!
It’s that time of the year again when renewals for individual members can be submitted. Starting from September 15th, 2017 you can submit new membership registrations or renewals for the 2018 skating season. Remember that registrations are on a seasonal cycle. That means if you register mid-year (before September 15 of the current year) your memberships will only be good until December 31 of that same year.
As before, we urge you to READ THE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS before registering or renewing your membership. Here are some important points to consider:
- You are responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide; if we can not prove to our insurance company that you are, who you say you are, they may deny your claim. FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK WHAT YOU ENTER BEFORE YOU SUBMIT!
- Be sure to also check the info that was automatically entered by the form
- Names must ONLY be FIRST and LAST; we do not have a place on our form for middle names
- Birth dates MUST be accurate
- WE DO NOT SEND OUT CONFIRMATIONS OF REGISTRATION
- This form is designed to be self-serve. RSC simply does not have the manpower to address and send out individual membership numbers.
- For security reasons, please use the secure online form found here to look up your RSC numbers.
- You have seven days to complete your payment; we may not send out reminders. If no payment is received after about thirty days; we will remove your entry from our database (except for renewals, which will be removed thirty days after expiry.)
- POST DATED CHEQUES WILL DELAY YOUR MEMBERSHIP! We operate on an honour system. If you send us a post dated cheque and we deposit it (because we’re expecting a payment, why would we check the date, we shouldn’t have to) and it is returned, you will be charged the NSF fee ($45) on top of the membership. If by sheer luck, we notice that the cheque is post dated you will not be credited for the membership until we are able to deposit the cheque. In other words, you will NOT have insurance until the date you put on the cheque.
Please keep in mind that RSC is here for your benefit! We exist to provide an important service to skaters, coaches, parents and volunteers. We are just like you; we are also skaters, coaches, parents and volunteers. Please make every effort to follow the instructions on the website to ensure as little impact as possible to our volunteers. We will gladly assist when needed, but please try following the instructions and reading the documentation first.
Lastly, please take note of our new membership mailing address. When you register and choose to pay by cheque, the form will send you an email with that address. You can also find it here.